Powered By Blogger

Thursday, August 6, 2015

Sarine McKenzie- Final Blog Challenge

Sarine McKenzie
Final Blog Challenge
 
 
I have not decided on what I want to do in the future. I have a passion for writing, and I love chemistry, but I still don't know what I want to do. so I researched three of the colleges that would be suitable for me, and their basic chemistry programs.
 
 
 
1. Penn State University Park

I have always wanted to go to Penn State. I didn't know that they had so many campuses in Pennsylvania until I was much older. The campus I chose was University Park, because it's beautiful there, and they have so much to offer. So if I were to go to Penn State for Chemistry, I would enroll in a Baccalaureate program, and the "chemistry" major there is just like a stepping stone. It's just a basic major, that once I graduate from that, I would know what field of chemistry I'd want to enter. I would have a lot of physics and mathematics courses to take in this major, because they are "essential to the understanding of chemistry." In order to enter the actual "chemistry" major, I would need to have taken four chem classes, and two math classes, and have a grade point average of 2.00 or higher. In addition to the classes, I would need to have a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.50, and at least 94 credits. So by the time I have graduated from there, I should know what field of chemistry I would want to go into.
 
 
 
2. San Diego State University
 
If I were to go home to California for school, I would choose SDSU. San Diego State University is a gorgeous campus that also offers so much. In addition, their chemistry program is really elaborate and appealing. I would enroll in their undergraduate program, which covers Analytical, Inorganic, Organic, Physical, and Biochemistry areas, and gives the students an idea of what field they would want to enter following graduation. Their Bachelor of Science degree appealed to me the most, because I wouldn't have to spend a long time there, and by the end of that, I would have an idea of what I'd want to do, especially since they cover so many fields or science there. Requirements for this major include taking several physics, mathematics, and chemistry courses. They also recommend taking physics.
 
 
 
 
3. University of Washington
 
My last choice for a college campus would be the University of Washington. They have a great athletics program, which is important to me, as well as a great academic reputation. If I were to go to the UW, I would pursue a degree in Bachelor of Science. Their admissions process is very competitive, so I would be required to attend and complete various chemistry, physics, and mathematics courses, and have a grade point average of 2.00 or higher. Degree requirements include three or more courses in the following: Mathematics, Physics, General, Inorganic, Organic, and Physical Chemistry, and two to three chemistry labs. So applying to the UW and being in their chemistry program is very difficult, but I would be up for the challenge if I chose to attend. 


No comments:

Post a Comment