Powered By Blogger

Thursday, August 6, 2015

Jeramiah Jones 8.6.15 Blog Challenge

A future career i want to go into is medical research. I've always wanted to be a doctor and a researcher growing up so i thought "why not combine the best of both worlds." The reason i wanted a career like that is because of my long term goal which is to make a cure or vaccine that no one has created, that will be able to help people with a specific problem. When going into a career like this there isn't a specific science major you have to go in. Then you would have to do 2-3 years of med. school and 6 year for research.
Colleges that i want to attend and offer what i need are:
I choose Pitt as a college I would attend because its close to home and it offers many courses in their science majors. Such as biology. It also is known for its medical school. For the biology courses I would take classes such as biology(1&2), ecology, microbiology, and genetics. To graduate I would have to have a total amount of 126 credits and a GPA of 2.5to within 4 years.
 
 
I choose Duquesne as a college I would attend because of its size and to be able to have a personal relationship with the professors and be able to get help from them when I can. I would go into their for a biochemistry major to be a to have knowledge in both biology and chemistry. Classes that I would have to take are analytical, microbiology, genetics, inorganic/organic, and etc. From this major it can help me see what I want to specialize in a career. To graduate I have to have 126 credit and a 2.5 to graduate in 4 years.
 


I choose IUP as a college I would attend because the campus isn’t big and it’s not far from home, so traveling would be a hassle. The course i would go into is also their biochemistry major. To graduate I have to have 126 credit and a 2.5 to graduate in 4 years.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment